geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: jsr88 deployment binded to configstore?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:32:26 GMT
The Target you pass to JSR-88 is supposed to identify the config store
to deploy to.  The default behavior for the command-line deploy tool
is to select all available targets, unless you specify one, in which
case it will use only the specified one.  There are a few problems
that need to be addressed before this is really usable, but otherwise
all the plumbing is there:

1) The Target is currently discarded by our JSR-88 code because the
Deployer GBean does not accept a Target/ConfigStore as an argument.
That needs to be changed, but it should be pretty straightforward.

2) I think the Target name is the full ObjectName of the ConfigStore,
which means it would be pretty heinous to type on the command line.
Hopefully we can make it just the name= component of the ObjectName or
something like that, but that would require some thought about what to
do in case of non-unique names.

3) I don't think the Hot Deploy Dir GBean lets you specify a Target,
and it probably should take that as a config param.

Aaron