geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo and Incubation
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 20:02:23 GMT
If you want to involve the community outside the various PMCs, then
IMHO it might be helpful for you to list or point to a writeup of the
duties of the incubator PMC.  I'm not at all clear on what the
incubator is supposed to do other than vet code and the somewhat
abstract "ensure healthy communities".  If the code has been vetted,
it seems clear to me that the Geronimo community is healthy and (with
and without the addition of the proposed subprojects) growing, so I'm
wondering what else the incubator PMC feels responsible for.  I'm also
wondering why adding code and contributors to an existing healthy
project would be a bad thing.  About the only thing that seems like a
problem to me (other than certain explosive e-mails, which in the main
did not seem to be from Geronimo or incubating-project members), is
the issue of proposed committers who did not actually contribute to
the projects in question (bearing in mind that code is not the only
possible type of contribution).

Thanks,
    Aaron