geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: TranQL, M2, Transitive Deps
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 04:41:37 GMT
On 2/3/06, David Jencks <> wrote:
> Is the tranql pom you refer to autogenerated from the m1
> project.xml?  If so would you consider writing  m2 poms that actually
> compile the tranql connectors?

I don't know.  I just told Maven I wanted the RAR and it fetched it,
and somehow all the baggage came along, so I'm kind of leaping to the
conclusion the the TranQL Connector POM specifies more dependencies
than I actually want.  At any rate, I will consider anything, given
arbitrary time.  How about for now I put in a JIRA?  :)

> On Feb 3, 2006, at 8:07 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > So I tried creating a Maven 2 EAR that pulls in the TranQL Connector
> > RAR.  When Maven built the EAR, it pulled gobs of other 3rd party
> > libraries into my EAR: commons-*, axion, various Geronimo specs, etc.
> > Needless to say I don't want that, I only want the actual RAR added to
> > my EAR.
> >
> > I assume to fix this we should change all those dependencies to
> > scope=provided or scope=compile or something like that in the TranQL
> > Connector POM, since you shouldn't need them at runtime, right?  I
> > mean, IMO anything you need at runtime (other than the spec classes),
> > the RAR should include within itself, not have transitive runtime
> > dependencies on.
> >
> > Any complaints if I make a JIRA for this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >     Aaron

View raw message