geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject TranQL, M2, Transitive Deps
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 04:07:25 GMT
So I tried creating a Maven 2 EAR that pulls in the TranQL Connector
RAR.  When Maven built the EAR, it pulled gobs of other 3rd party
libraries into my EAR: commons-*, axion, various Geronimo specs, etc.
Needless to say I don't want that, I only want the actual RAR added to
my EAR.

I assume to fix this we should change all those dependencies to
scope=provided or scope=compile or something like that in the TranQL
Connector POM, since you shouldn't need them at runtime, right?  I
mean, IMO anything you need at runtime (other than the spec classes),
the RAR should include within itself, not have transitive runtime
dependencies on.

Any complaints if I make a JIRA for this?

Thanks,
    Aaron