geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 22:05:20 GMT
Holy crap!  What a mess this thread is!  I'm not used to being like
the cool voice of reason.  :)

For my 2 cents, a JBI container without BPEL is a hard sell, so I'd go
a long way to see one available for ServiceMix.

Based on our Geronimo experience, I suspect it would be easier to
build the two together and then spin off a working BPEL engine down
the road, rather than call them nominally independent projects but in
truth have them so tightly linked during development that you can't
realistically use one without the other and there's a lot of fuss
about having the latest SNAPSHOT of this not work against HEAD of that
and so on.

So here's my +1 to include the BPEL donation in ServiceMix, but I
won't argue too strenuously if people want to bring it into Geronimo
instead (assuming we get the latest Geronimo/ServiceMix integration
code from Guillaume!  :)  On the other hand, I think it might be a bit
awkward as a standalone project from day 1.

Thanks,
    Aaron