geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: business process engine source donation
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:58:37 GMT
On 2 Feb 2006, at 12:52, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Sorry to be a PITA but can someone explain to me the connection
> between
> a JBI impl and a BPEL engine??

JBI is the JSR approved standard API to integration components and an
ESB container is the standard container model for a BPE; so it makes
sense to work on a BPE in conjunction with a JBI container and
component framework along with the JBI community at Apache
(ServiceMix) to ensure they all work nicely together. I'm sure other
projects can reuse the resulting code; just like I'm sure other
projects can use the JBI container etc. (e.g. the JBI container could
be embedded inside Synapse or Tuscany or even Axis).

> Why would this not fit better within that project, just as
> Twister was made to become part of that?

Given the completed state of the BPE code and the symbiotic nature of
the JBI project and BPE I don't see a big need to put this BPE within
an incubating umbrella project of other in-development workflow engines.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/