geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Corrupted Geronimo jars in Apache CVS Repository?
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:32:34 GMT

On Feb 18, 2006, at 6:32 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a sample test app to see how to transform a Maven1-based
> project into Maven2-based one and found that
> http://cvs.apache.org/repository contained incomplete jars of our
> libraries although their publish dates were correct.
>
> For example, http://cvs.apache.org/repository/geronimo/jars/
> geronimo-core-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
> is published on 17-Feb-2006 14:02  and its size is 19K whereas the one
> I use (built locally during the build) is over 30K. The missing class
> that made me spot it was org.apache.geronimo.proxy.ProxyContainer that
> I incidentally used in one of my unit tests to ensure a proper
> migration (what a lucky man I am! ;))
>
> Noone could've come across it because it's very likely that the build
> order overrides Geronimo jars downloaded earlier and the ones
> necessary are built later in the process. I can't explain it,
> otherwise.
>
> The issue came to the surface during Maven2 build when the repository
> is defined as legacy.
>
>     <repository>
>       <id>apache-cvs</id>
>       <name>Apache CVS Repository</name>
>       <url>http://cvs.apache.org/repository</url>
>       <layout>legacy</layout>
>     </repository>
>
> What can I do to address the issue?

Run 'svn up'? I think you'll find the following change of interest --
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=378162&view=rev ProxyContainer is
no longer...

My geronimo-core is 19k.

Depending on how files are written out to the maven repo, there is
the possibility that a bad file could be rsynced from GBuild into the
Apache repo. However, I'm confident this is not one of those cases...

--kevan