geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>
Subject Re: CORBA and GSSUP fix -- please review
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:11:00 GMT
I don't believe it's actually required to provide the username in the
client identity field if you have a password. You can simply provide
an auth token containing both username and password and set the
identity token to ITTAbsent. We (WLS) only fallback on
ITTPrincipleName if there is no password available, in which case you
have to have established a trust relationship and perform identity
assertion. If you use the principle name token then the decoder
should be able to understand the attached scope if any - removing it
on the encoding side does not seem right to me.

andy