geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Spring support in Geronimo
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:29:13 GMT

On Feb 2, 2006, at 10:00 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> On a related note...
>
> Any idea on how to integrate Geronimo's TXM with Spring+Hibernate?
> I played around with it a little today, but just kept running into
> problems :-(

It looks like you can be the first to test out my new
SpringTransactionManager :-).  It wraps our TransactionContextManager
in a PlatformTransactionManager subclass.  You need to give it 2
constructor args, the kernel name and the tcm object name.  The
normal values are in the comments in the class.

What does Hibernate need?   Can it work off a spring tm or does it
need something else?

If you can come up with some kind of spring app that ought to work
and uses the spring tm I would be able to test and perhaps debug my
code :-)

thanks
david jencks