geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.0.1 Release and the configId issue
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:17:15 GMT
I'd like to see those who vote -1 or "other" provide a suggestion for
a technical solution for the 1.0 branch, an explanation of how it
fits into the notion of a third-digit "critical bug fixes only" point
release, a suggested schedule for implementation, and a suggestion of
who will work on it.  I'm also curious as to whether the suggested
solution is intended to be compatible with 1.0, a future 1.1 release,
or both.

I may sound snippy here, in which case I apologize.  However, I
haven't seen anything that I consider realistic planning for getting
this into 1.0.1.  The proposals (mostly dain's) that I have seen and
that I think might work involve major changes to a lot of the basic
plumbing of geronimo and are IMNSHO wholly inappropriate to a 1.x.y
release.  Frankly, I think a -1 means a vote to abandon any 1.0.x
releases.

thanks
david jencks