geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Removing attributes and refs from the config.xml
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:28:26 GMT
I agree that the end goal here is the user experience.  When I was working with
Jeff the other night the way to fix the logging problem at that point was to
rebuild the server.  IMHO a user would at most be required to edit the
config.xml and at least be able to click a radio button for a binary operation
like enable/disable logging.  Anything beyond that and we will limit our user
base as the server will be too expensive to work with.

The other thinkg to avoid is multiple configuration files.  As a user I want to
find all config files in a single directory if possible (reduces my knowledge
required to use the server) and then to have as few files as possible.  Again,
this all front-ended with a console that can manipulate all (or at least as many
options as possible).

I may not have captured this thought in my first post so apologies for repeating
myself.

Matt.