geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing Trunk to 1.2 in anticipation of 1.0.1 becoming 1.1
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:55:09 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> On 2/20/2006 8:23 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> I was thinking that in order to expedite getting 1.1 our the door
>> that it would make sense to move trunk to 1.2.  Then we'll have to do
>> the same in the 1.0 branch.  I'm going to start working on that this
>> week.  Comments, suggestions, ?
>

> So what is in trunk now?  What is in branches/1_0 now?  Where is the
> work for 1_1 taking place?

Matt,

Could you please confirm the following..

AFAIK, work for the 1.1 release (that was previously going to be called
the 1.0.1 release) should be done in the 1.0 branch (until we branch for
1.1?).

Matt is proposing to change the version numbers in files in branches/1.0
to be 1.1.  I assume you plan on doing this before we create the 1.1 branch?

Once the configId changes are merged in to branches/1.0 and we are ready
for a release we would create branches/1.1 from the 1.0 branch.

If we are creating a 1.1 branch then does that mean there would be no
further work happening in the 1.0 branch once the branch is made?

Work for the 1.2 release should be done in trunk.  I think Matt is
proposing to change the version numbers in files in trunk to be 1.2.

Are we releasing version 1.1 of all the specs for the 1.1 release?

Thanks,

John