geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sample plan bits for configId branch, please review!
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:24:06 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2006, at 10:59 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>>     <properties>
>>       <property>
>>         <name>base-name</name>
>>         <value>geronimo.maven:J2EEServer=geronimo</value>
>>       </property>
>>     </properties>
>
> I like this but I think the name should be name spaces to avoid
> conflict.  Also we are the only ones that will touch this property so
> if it is long it doesn't matter.  How about
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.BaseName?
I agree we should be using name spaces.  If we think there may be other
naming systems in the future, would it be worth having a prefix before
the j2ee part of the name space to make it easier to find all uses (e.g.
using grep or an IDE search function) of geronimo's naming properties
regardless of the naming system used?  E.G:

org.apache.geronimo.name.j2ee.BaseName
org.apache.geronimo.name.fooNamingSystem.BaseName

'name' may not be the best choice in the example.. I chose it because
'org.apache.geronimo.naming' is already used as a package name.

John