geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:12:29 GMT
Gianny Damour wrote:
> Basically, this is how I see a migration module by module working:
> 1. take one module;
> 2. write its pom.xml;
> 3. remove from its project.xml all the external dependencies, i.e. the
> non Geronimo dependencies (they are no more required as they are now
> defined by pom.xml); and
> 4. update its maven.xml to invoke the relevant M2 build goal.

For this to work, the m2 builds must have the same groupId as the m1
builds, right? So we need to make a decision about which strategy to use:

1) Use different groupIds for the m1 and m2 build, keep the two build
systems work simultaneously until migration is completed.
2) Use the same groupId for the m1 and m2 build, replace the m1 builds
when the m2 builds are completed.

I say we give 2) a shot, and fall back to 1) if it for some reason does
not work.

/Anders