geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2 - conversion idea
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:48:25 GMT
David Blevins wrote:
> Why don't we:
>   - use an non-conflicting groupId like org.apache.geronimo-m2 or
> something specifically for conversion
>   - set it up in our continuum install as another project
>   - and continuously build *both*
>
> ?
>
> The reason for the new groupId is so that the m2 build doesn't
> interfere at all with our regular m1 build.  We just won't sycn
> org.apache.geronimo-m2.

As I understand it, there should be no problems with interference. m1
and m2 uses different repositories. m1 will always get the dependencies
built by m1, and m2 will always get the dependencies built by m2. The
two builds should be able to coexist without any interference, so there
should be no need to change the groupId.

I agree that we should set the m2 build up in continuum - the sooner the
better.