geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:23:00 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> I thought the biggest problem was that not all of our dependencies had
> valid POMs, or at least not all their transitive dependencies had
> valid POMs, so any Geronimo build eventually ran into missing/invalid
> POMs and crapped out.  There was a Wiki page where progress on this
> front was being tracked.  Anyone know where that issue stands?

The wiki is here: http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Maven2Conversion

I very much doubt it is up to date (last modified 2005-12-05).

I don't see any reason why missing dependencies should hold us back from
starting the migration. If we run into missing dependencies we can
bundle those dependencies ourselves in the org.apache.geronimo
namespace. I doubt there is more than a handful missing dependencies at
worst. Of course it would be preferable to help the project to publish a
m2 build.