geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [vote] XBean donation
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:52:14 GMT
Just to tie this up so it won't be left hanging - since Dain has already
started moving forward with the ip document in incubator and declared
his intention to commit the code tomorrow ...

My point was that this should have been presented before the vote on the
dev list ("So here's why I want to bring XBean to Geronimo and why it's
appropriate for Geronimo"), rather than it be assumed that everyone is
familiar with whatever off-list or historical conversations have taken
place around this.

I'm not against this - I was the one trying to get Dain to bring it back
to Geronimo last summer when he first took it to Codehaus - but I think
that the motivations for bringing in  code that is out of main scope of
the project deserves some illumination.

geir