geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compilation errors in module javamail-transport
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:35:29 GMT
David Blevins wrote:
> At first blush it looks like there are just three util classes that
> make the javamail-transport module dependent on our specific javamail
> implementation.
>
>     [javac] import org.apache.geronimo.mail.util.Hex;
>     [javac] import org.apache.geronimo.mail.util.Base64;
>     [javac] import org.apache.geronimo.mail.util.XText
>
> Is this the case or are there other things that make our
> javamail-transport module dependent on our specific javamail
> implementation?
I believe there are a few package-scope methods defined on some of the
javax.mail.* classes that also introduce some dependencies (note that
the Sun impl also appears to do that in some places).

I placed those classes in the javamail jar rather than the
javamail-transport module because the implementation of the MimeUtility
class will also need the same converters.