geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:20:35 GMT
After some thought about this, I will give it a +1.

We're seeing a lot of overlap lately between the WS-* folks and the J2EE
folks. Like lots of projects lately, I don't think this code donation
fits strictly into one category. And to say that it strictly belongs one
place or another is a mistake.

I think the Sybase and ServiceMix people have made it clear that they
are dedicated to working on this. I know the ws-* people are stretched
with the many many specs to implement, so from a practical standpoint I
think the ServiceMix location works. Lets closely monitor the community
and see where it goes. At a future date we can readdress the location.

Regarding other developers and overlapping projects, I would just like
to make it clear that we still definitely welcome other people and their
involvement. Accepting this donation into ServiceMix does not preclude
any involvement with others. If we need to package things different or
provide different interfaces or whatever, its all up for discussion and
patches

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse