geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject [VOTE] 1.0.1 Release and the configId issue
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 05:48:54 GMT
There was some discussion on Irc earlier this week about the issue related to
plans having to be changed due to module versions changing.  This is clearly
going to be a significant issues for customers as they will have to re-work all
their plans on incremental server changes.  Although these will most likely be
tolerated in the short-term this is a serious shortcoming in the current design
that needs to be addressed.

During the discussion it was asserted tha given the magnitude of the change to
the format of the plans and changes to G it was not appropriate for make this
change in a maintenance release.  The collective wisdom was to declare in the
release notes this issue and give the user guidance with the assurance this is
being addressed in 1.1 (or there abouts).

Since there has been a lot of discussion about this already and it being such a
significant issue I thought I'd request a vote to see where we stand.

[ ] +1 Document issue in release notes and defer fix to 1.1
[ ] 0  Not that important one way or another
[ ] -1 This is an issue that must be resolved in the 1.0.x branch
[ ] Other...provide your reasons.