geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Supporting applications that need a database
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 02:57:52 GMT
David,

I support not having a default database in the server.  I think if we break the
usage of the server into development and production (as John discusses in his
note) we'll see that from a developer's perspective a DB is beneficial.
However, if your deploying for production you penalize the administrator to
remove things that are useful to developers.  I think a good compromise is add
some scripts / plans that one can easily modify to create various resources
(DataSources, Queues, etc.).

Matt