geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <>
Subject Re: XML plan files not included in distributions
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:45:28 GMT
Aaron, yes...that is a great idea.

But then I think we get into opening up the can of worms about the plan
files in the matching what is actually running in Geronimo.
 It would be great to have something that can "rebuild" a plan from the
running configuration, so you can see an accurate snapshot.  I would
love to jump on this, but my plate is really full right now...

Any takers?  Otherwise I may be able to get to it in a couple of weeks.

In the mean time, would anyone mind if we did bundle the plan files
somewhere in G for reference?

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> Though personally, I think I'd rather store them in the config store
> and have an easy routine to get them out of there (using a JSR-77 call
> like the one that gets the J2EE deployment descriptor)...  Some day, I
> guess.
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
> On 2/1/06, Jeff Genender <> wrote:
>> Yes, I would really like to see the original plans in the doc for
>> reference.  I think it will be helpful and good reference for those
>> people who need to override Gbeans in the config.xml.
>> Jeff
>> Bruce Snyder wrote:
>>> I just discovered this the other day and as far as I can tell, it was
>>> just not considered before shipping 1.0. Call it an oversight. But
>>> there's no time like the present for fixing it.
>>> Bruce
>>> --
>>> perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
>>> );'