geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Geronimo dependency issues
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:38:56 GMT

I'm looking to eliminate some of the unnecessary dependencies defined in
our modules and configurations so that we can build smaller assemblies.

While investigating what would be necessary to remove the tranql jar
from the minimal assembly I removed a dependency to tranql in the
rmi-naming configuration.

I expected some problems, but the result I received is a bit strange.  I
get the NoClassDefFoundError listed below when deploying (as part of the
build) the configuration for Daytrader.  Is this expected based upon
removing the tranql dependency from rmi-naming or is there something
strange going on with the classloaders?

+----------------------------------------
| configurations Daytrader using derby deployed on jetty
| Memory: 52M/63M
+----------------------------------------
DEPRECATED: the default goal should be specified in the <build> section
of project.xml instead of maven.xml
DEPRECATED: the default goal should be specified in the <build> section
of project.xml instead of maven.xml

build:end:

You are working offline so the build will continue, but
geronimo-daytrader-derby-db-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar may be out of date!
You are working offline so the build will continue, but
daytrader-ear-1.1-SNAPSHOT.ear may be out of date!
build:start:

multiproject:install-callback:
     [echo] Running car:install for Daytrader using derby deployed on jetty
Retrieving document at 'WEB-INF/wsdl/TradeServices.wsdl'.
Retrieving document at 'META-INF/wsdl/TradeServices.wsdl'.
Retrieving document at 'WEB-INF/wsdl/TradeServices.wsdl'.
143877 [main] ERROR org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer  -
Deployment failed due to
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/tranql/ejb/EJBProxyFactory
         at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:209)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:201)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:201)
         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
         at
org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder.createEJBProxyFactory(OpenEJBModuleBuilder.java:579)
         at
org.openejb.deployment.CMPEntityBuilder$1.buildEJBProxyFactory(CMPEntityBuilder.java:125)
         at
org.openejb.deployment.SchemataBuilder.processEnterpriseBeans(SchemataBuilder.java:306)

Thanks,
Joe

---
Joe Bohn