geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:41:06 GMT

On Feb 20, 2006, at 3:20 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:
> I think that this has already been suggested by David J.: we add a
> goal, e.g. new000, which is executed between new00 and new1. new000
> launches mvn install in the root project directory. We add to the
> excludes list of new1 the migrated modules (we could also remove
> the M1 project files after migration).

So I'm a little lost on where we are at in this.  If i can get my
head around how this will affect our continuous builds, I'm happy.

Currently we have the following projects in continuum:

TranQL           --  (maven clean:clean jar:install)
TranQL Connector --  (maven clean:clean jar:install)
Geronimo         --  (maven clean new1)
OpenEJB 2        --  (maven clean default)
Geronimo :: Applications  -- (maven multiproject:install)
Geronimo :: Configs       -- (maven multiproject:install)
Geronimo :: Assemblies    -- (maven multiproject:clean
multiproject:install)

All are individual projects and continuum build build them when the
code changes.  We force a build of Configs and Assemblies every night
as there is no real code associated with them that would trigger builds.

Note, to pull off having  Applications, Configs and Assemblies as
separate projects in continuum without checking out geronimo trunk
three extra times I made three fake projects in svn by using "links",
e.g. svn:externals, to those directories.  This is largely because
continuum can't handle maven 1 inheritance.  In a maven 2 project
hierarchy this is not required, it makes anything with a pom.xml it's
own project naturally.

-David