geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: business process engine source donation
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:07:28 GMT
Hi Sanjiva,

I sent the email 3 times (I think) - I'm having problems seeing email
from gmail - so it didn't look like it was getting through - so
apologies foe all my luv :)

ServiceMix is an ESB - which just happens to be based around a JBI
Container.  Although the market definition is loose and fast for an
ESB, there is growing consensus that ESB's require a business process
engine. If you couple this with JBI being a good container for BPEL -
then  ServiceMix seems the obvious place for this donation to go if
accepted.

If you've looked at the proposed donated code, this BPEL engine is
complete, I can't see any sense in combining it with something else ?

cheers,

Rob