geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:32:13 GMT
On Feb 14, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On 2/14/2006 3:09 AM, Anders Hessellund Jensen (Trifork) wrote:
>
>> I'd like to help migrating to maven 2.
>>
>> Where to start? I suppose a good start would be to write POM's for
>> some of the modules. This should be fairly straightforward, at
>> least for modules without complex jelly usage. Should the
>> directory layout be configured to maven 1 style in the parent POM?
>

> We've tried to do an uber move and it's never worked.  I recommend
> that we move bits over one at a time.  Maybe we could kill two
> birds with one stone and also perform the breakout that Aaron
> proposed at the same time.

I don't recall us actually trying anything, which is not to subtract
from your point, just that this the way people have envisioned it
happening from the get-go.  That's probably not going to be the way
it happens.

As you say, it's way too much to digest in one big bite and better if
we start nibbling.

-David