geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:55:23 GMT
2006/2/28, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com>:
> Jacek,
>    I had better luck later at night and was able to
> build a dummy tomcat project. I have few questions :
> 1.  The commons-modeler jar available at repos is
>                       at 1.1M1. We currently use 1.1.
> Should we change to 1.1M1?

Nope. We'll definitely need to stick to the versions which are
currently being used by Geronimo. Of course, we could upgrade some,
but it shouldn't interfere with the migration. It wouldn't be funny
when after a *successful* migration to Maven2 someone would blame us
for his/her troubles because we introduced a bug with an older
dependency than the one currently in use.

See http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html for
the steps to upload jars to Maven2 repo.

BTW, Maven2 can use Maven1-compliant repo when it's defined as legacy.
I see it's not yet defined in any pom.xml's so I'll update the parent
pom and commit it.

> 2. Is anyone writing the assembly-plugin?

I don't know. Perhaps Prasad will tell you more.

> Anita

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski