geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A general question?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:52:54 GMT
2006/2/27, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com>:

>     In this case the committer would mark the Jira
> issue as resolved/invalid/fixed or whatever the case
> may be.

> IIUC, you are saying that the contributors can
> mark the issue as 'resolved' to indicate that the
> issue has been resolved to their satisfaction and wait
> for the committers to look at their patch.

Correct.

Technically, a contributor may (can) resolve an issue w/ patch, and
wait till a committer closes it, which in my opinion means the patch
is committed with or without some changes. It's how permissions work
in JIRA and it's nothing to do with the access to the repo. But, since
you can't submit your changes to the repo, there's no way for
non-committer to close issues (which I understand as submition of
patches).

There's another way to work with issues/patches. A contributor submits
a patch, then a committer commits it to the repo, and they both await
the reporter's response if it satisfies him/her.

I'd prefer the second approach.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski