geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:16:11 GMT
2006/2/21, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com>:
> Sure.
>
> I'll try to write a summary of the final strategy most of us agreed
> upon. I don't know if that needs to be voted or something. But I'll
> put it out there.

Well, it's always about a concensus so if we're about to fight I'm
sure the vote will be necessary ;) In most cases, a vote is called
whenever a major change is to be introduced and you'll need to engage
more people than as it usually happens. I don't think a vote's
necessary at the moment. Unless I miss something, what would be the
subject of a vote of yours?

Each and every change in the build will have to be thoroughly
described and announced so that people won't get upset for the build
is broken or does not work as known. It's even more important after
Dave set up Continuum and unless we make the M2 build
backward-compatible, it will have to be updated. That's just an
example of the impact of our changes. The more we talk about the
migration, the less surprisingly it will become for everybody and
chances are more people it engages.

> Prasad

Jacek

--