geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Corrupted Geronimo jars in Apache CVS Repository?
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:32:37 GMT
Hi,

I created a sample test app to see how to transform a Maven1-based
project into Maven2-based one and found that
http://cvs.apache.org/repository contained incomplete jars of our
libraries although their publish dates were correct.

For example, http://cvs.apache.org/repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-core-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
is published on 17-Feb-2006 14:02  and its size is 19K whereas the one
I use (built locally during the build) is over 30K. The missing class
that made me spot it was org.apache.geronimo.proxy.ProxyContainer that
I incidentally used in one of my unit tests to ensure a proper
migration (what a lucky man I am! ;))

Noone could've come across it because it's very likely that the build
order overrides Geronimo jars downloaded earlier and the ones
necessary are built later in the process. I can't explain it,
otherwise.

The issue came to the surface during Maven2 build when the repository
is defined as legacy.

    <repository>
      <id>apache-cvs</id>
      <name>Apache CVS Repository</name>