geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:15:44 GMT
2006/2/15, Gianny Damour <gianny.damour@optusnet.com.au>:
> Hi,
>
> I also think that we should call m2 from m1 and avoid to maintain a dual
> build during the migration. As pointed out by Dain, we could easily call
> m2 from m1 by redefining the clean and build goals of m1 to invoke m2
> clean and m2 install respectively:
>
> <project default="rebuild" xmlns:ant="jelly:ant">
>
>     <goal name="clean">
>         <ant:exec executable="mvn.bat">
>             <ant:arg line="clean"/>
>         </ant:exec>
>     </goal>
>
>     <goal name="build">
>         <ant:exec executable="mvn.bat">
>             <ant:arg line="install"/>
>         </ant:exec>
>     </goal>
>
> </project>

Then I don't understand why it would save us any work *now*? How could
m1 and m2 know about the dependencies if there were no project.xml or
pom.xml, respectively? Once we provide pom.xml's, I understand it
would be the next step to just call off m2 from m1, but it's not
possible now.

BTW, what benefit would give us the above snippet? Why would I call
maven rather than mvn on the command line when pom.xml's are
available?

> BTW, indeed, maven-one-plugin installs a m2 artefact into the local
> maven repo.

Wait, the local maven repo? I say nothing about the local repo, which
I understood could be drawn from 'indeed' of yours.

> Gianny

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski