geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:06:02 GMT
2006/2/15, Anders Hessellund Jensen <ahj@trifork.com>:
> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> > What do you mean by in parallel?
>
> I just mean that both the m1 and the m2 build runs, without interfering
> with each other.

Exactly what I meant too! I wish we don't touch any m1-based files in
our build and add their m2 counterparts.

Dain's idea sounds interesting, too.

> As far as i know,it is not possible to use m2 dependencies in m1, so if
> we want to do that we would have to write a m1 plugin for that ourselves.

It is. Just define <layout>legacy</layout> as a type of a repository.

> The m1 build will be the "reference" build until the conversion has
> finished, so the goal is to keep the m2 build in sync with the m1 build.
>   It certainly will take som effort, but i think it is be possible.

It's going to be a big PITA, but there's no other choice, unless
Dain's idea would work.

> /Anders

Jacek

--