geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:18:01 GMT
2006/2/14, Anders Hessellund Jensen (Trifork) <ahj@trifork.com>:
> I'd like to help migrating to maven 2.

Hi Anders,

I'm going to support (i.e. apply patches related to M2 as soon as
possible) you (and anybody) who's going to help with the migration.
I'm learning Maven2 so I couldn't imagine a better way to learn it
than while doing the migration. I have alone thought about it, but the
learning surve is too steep or am a little sidetracked. I'm thus very
glad seeing you doing it, too.

> Where to start? I suppose a good start would be to write POM's for some
> of the modules. This should be fairly straightforward, at least for
> modules without complex jelly usage.

It's a very good start. I'd bet Geronimo is a huge project, so it's
going to be some sort of proof of concept that Maven2 can handle it
(when Maven2 developers read it, I'm dead ;))

> Should the directory layout be configured to maven 1 style in the parent POM?

Yes. Let's take smaller steps, so that we won't get lost in Maven2 and
Geronimo build's complexity.

Keep up with the excellent job, Anders! I'm just applying the patch
you've just submitted.

> /Anders

Jacek

--