geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: timing on need for JAX-WS and JAX-B support
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:59:12 GMT
2006/2/13, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk>:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Can you give an indication of when you expect to go for J2EE 1.5
> certification and hence require JAX-WS and JAX-B support from Axis2?

Hi Sanijva,

I alone wish to know when we're going to support Java EE 1.5. I don't
remember any discussion about an exact timeframe or anything alike,
but I wouldn't be mistaken saying all of us would be interested in
doing it as soon as possible. I think we need to read the spec from
cover to cover, divide it on short and simple tasks, create them in
JIRA and move on (how simple it was to write it ;)).

As Dave B. already said, there's some interest in using JAX-B in
OpenEJB 3 to handle xml files. I don't know it at all, and am going to
read over the JAX-B spec soon. I think that the sooner the spec will
be available in Axis2, the better.

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl