geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <>
Subject Re: jsr88 deployment binded to configstore?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:26:37 GMT
Thanks Aaron.  Are there JIRAs open on any of these issues?

I'm trying to get to a model with the eclipse plugin, where the ear/
module does not have to be exported out and redeployed after every
change.  The solution David J brought up was to modify the config to
tweak the classpath to point it back to the eclipse project structure
so that at worse case the configuration just needs to be restarted.
In addition, the classpath entry is appended to the baseURL of the
configStore so I can't use the LocalConfigStore and will have to have
a deploy to amodified impl of the configstore that uses a different
baseURL.  This is why I was asking.  So let me know what/where I can
help out with the issues you mentioned.

As a temporarily prototype for this, I'll invoke deployment directly
from the kernel since I see it takes in a configStore param.

- sachin

On Feb 13, 2006, at 7:32 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> The Target you pass to JSR-88 is supposed to identify the config store
> to deploy to.  The default behavior for the command-line deploy tool
> is to select all available targets, unless you specify one, in which
> case it will use only the specified one.  There are a few problems
> that need to be addressed before this is really usable, but otherwise
> all the plumbing is there:
> 1) The Target is currently discarded by our JSR-88 code because the
> Deployer GBean does not accept a Target/ConfigStore as an argument.
> That needs to be changed, but it should be pretty straightforward.
> 2) I think the Target name is the full ObjectName of the ConfigStore,
> which means it would be pretty heinous to type on the command line.
> Hopefully we can make it just the name= component of the ObjectName or
> something like that, but that would require some thought about what to
> do in case of non-unique names.
> 3) I don't think the Hot Deploy Dir GBean lets you specify a Target,
> and it probably should take that as a config param.
> Aaron
> On 2/13/06, Sachin Patel <> wrote:
>> Aaron,
>> Is the Jsr88 implementation binded to deploy using only the
>> LocalConfigStore? If not, how could it be programatically be
>> configured to deploy to a different one?
>> Thanks.
>> - sachin

View raw message