geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 2
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:52:15 GMT

On Feb 15, 2006, at 4:49 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> 2006/2/15, Anders Hessellund Jensen <ahj@trifork.com>:
>> We need a m2 version of the geronimo-dependency-plugin. Is anyone
>> working on this, or perhaps it already exists somewhere?
>
> AFAIK, the answers are no and no, appropriately. If you'd start
> working on it, create a JIRA task item, so it's recorded. The work
> could be done in sandbox.

I think we need something like plugins2 for the m2 plugins, in
trunk.  IIUC Prasad has already converted the deployment plugin and
it needs an accessible place to live.  I see no reason to hide these
in the sandbox.

Note that this plugin depends on the service-builder module.  It
might be worthwhile rewriting the logic to avoid using xmlbeans or to
copy the appropriate schema parts into the plugin to remove this
dependency.  I imagine that when we have a fully working m2 build we
can use the m2 poms instead of the geronimo-service.xml files anyway.

I'm not sure if this idea is the same as previous suggestions, but I
think it would be possible to stage a move to m2 as long as the
modules built with m2 don't depend on any modules built with m1.  We
would have a new0.5 goal that would build the m2 modules, and the m1
goal could have the m2 modules excluded in the call to the reactor.

thanks
david jencks