geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: timing on need for JAX-WS and JAX-B support
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:43:26 GMT
On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 11:16 -0800, David Blevins wrote:
> I could use jaxb support now.  I'd like to use it instead of castor
> or xmlbeans for marshalling deployment descriptors -- or rather with
> castor or xmlbeans if either of them implement jaxb.

We've done our own partial schema to Java mapping thing (called ADB ..
Axis Data Binding) that covers maybe 80% of schema.

> I didn't know Axis2 was going to implement jaxb.  Are the xmlbeans
> guys going to implement it too?

We haven't committed to doing JAX-B yet but there's been some interest.
We've started on SAAJ and JAX-WS but not specific timeline yet.

One concern with JAX-B is that its J2SE 1.5 specific and we want to
continue to run under 1.4. I'd be interested in understanding the
Geronimo 1.4/1.5 strategy.

Sanjiva.