geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:41:44 GMT
Hi James,

> We're not sucking in another project. Its a contribution of code
> only. How is this any different than has already happened on
> Geronimo, Agila (twister), Harmony etc?

Geronimo is not an incubating project and hence can bring more stuff in.
The Agila/Twister merger was done thru the incubator (and is still
ongoing and IMO unlikely to complete). Harmony- I'm not sure what you're
referring to (I haven't followed it much).

> Huh? We've held a vote in open so folks can express their opinions. i
> don't see how the project is not following the Apache Way. I find
> this comment particularly puzzling as you voted yourself in to be a
> mentor of the ServiceMix project.

Indeed :) .. and IMO an incubating project should not be taking code
donations or doing  I have asked for guidance from the incubator PMC to
make sure I'm not out of line .. if so I will profoundly apologize!

Sanjiva.