geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept donation of a business process engine into the ServiceMix project
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 13:18:30 GMT
On 3 Feb 2006, at 16:47, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 2/3/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> community inside a single project with one overall aim (Geronimo for
>> J2EE, ServiceMix for JBI, Jakarta Commons / WS Commons for utility
>> code etc) than to have lots of smaller projects.
>
> Is ServiceMix intended to be a TLP, or will it continue to be a
> sub-project of Geronimo?
>
> This email leads me to believe that ServiceMix might not have a strong
> overlap with J2EE - which is Geronimo's mission.  Hence, might a new
> TLP be best?  -- justin

Given the synergy with other Geronimo code in ServiceMix (it reuses
Geronimo kernel, transaction manager, JCA container, ActiveMQ etc)
and the large developer cross over in both projects, I'm personally
happy for ServiceMix to be a sub project of Geronimo. The next
milestone for ServiceMix is graduation from the incubator which is
our main aim currently as we want to be able to make a real release
so folks can use the code. I'm personally very happy with the
governance of the Geronimo PMC but I wouldn't object if in the future
the community decided that ServiceMix should be a TLP.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/