geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use discouragedRuntimeAccess extension point
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:34:31 GMT
I think its best if you first need to get an understanding of the
eclipse plugin architecture.  Please read this article... http://
www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Plug-in-architecture/
plugin_architecture.html.  This particular article may be outdated
since the move to OSGI but the concepts are the same.

Extension points are defined and loaded inside a plugin.xml.
The .serverdef file is a WTP specific file for defining generic
servers.  Its loaded via an EMF model and thus by adding your entry
there invalidates your file and thats why you're seeing the exception.

- sachin