Rick just summed up my problem. Also I only tested this with my mail server. Which is not enough.
I am not exactly sure how to do the unit tests (as rick said it depends on each mail server), so any help with ideas are very welcome.

Btw, there is a bug. The InetAddresses are not parsed properly by the java mail classes. I guess Rick you were working on this so I was wondering if I can use your impl of javax.mail.Message or MimeMessage to test this again.

Besides I need to revist my desing on the POP3MessageFactory and related Message classes. I think I was over ambitous :)

Regards,

Rajith.

On 1/27/06, Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote:
Bruce Snyder wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com > wrote:
>
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1341?page=all
>>
>> Thanks Bruce,
>>
>> Looking forward for your comments !!!
>>

> My apologies for taking so long ot get this committed - I've been
> under water until this week. At any rate, Rajith, I didn't compare the
> code to the Geronimo coding standards
> (http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/CodingStandards) but at a glance it
> looks pretty good.
>
> The one question I have is about tests - are there any? If not, please
> start writing some ;-).

One of the problems with POP3 (or SMTP) tests is the dependency on a
mail server for running the tests.  I've not figured out how to set
things up to allow for that.  Authentication tests are particularly
difficult, since each type of authentication may require changing the
target server configuration.

Rick