geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Nightly builds and publish drivers
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:31:11 GMT
Now that we have the continuum performing nightly builds, it will be nice to
make some more enhancements to the process. Some of the things that come to
mind are

1. run a set of basic bringup type verification tests against the drivers
from the nightly builds. These tests would be of a degree slightly higher
than the in-built itests and would indicate the general health of the
driver. Some of these sniff tests could be (feel free to modify the list)

   - install G
    - start G
    - start console
    - deploy an app
   - test ejb container
   - test web container
   - test webservices
   - stop G

2. publish the drivers that passed the above tests so that people can
download and play with it on a regular basis. This will obviate the need for
people to build G from source, a process which sometimes takes an
indeterminate amount of time due to network delays etc.

3. Further down the line, we can even think about hooking up TCK to this
chain.

I volunteer myself to work on this. But I'd sincerely appreciate your
thoughts and comments, advice and suggestions.

I also have a few doubts about our nightly builds which I'd like to get
confirmed.
a) do you still have to trigger the builds manually or does it run per an
automated schedule ?
b) can the above tests be tagged on to the end of the build process in
Continuum itself or should we explore at other options ?

Cheers
Prasad.