geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppa...@gmail.com>
Subject [Vote]: Re-version eclipse plugin from 0.5.0 to 1.0.0
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:43:14 GMT
Its been brought to my attention that to better align versions with
server releases, the eclipse-plugin should be re-versioned for its
initial release to be 1.0.0, not 0.5.0.  The idea here being that any
major releases of the server, will have a matching corresponding
eclipse feature version.  Minor versions may still need to be
independently versioned.  Having a plugin that packages some of the
Geronimo 1.0.0 runtime jars into a plugin that is versioned 0.5.0 is
confusing to many users.

We have a small time frame to decide if we do want to change the
version immediately, as Eclipse-WTP is about to release their first
maintenance release 1.0.1, and we agree upon this, I will need to
inform them of this change so they can react ASAP.  Our next
opportunity to do this will may not be for another 1-2 months.

[ ] Re-version the initial release to 1.0.0
[ ] Leave it at 0.5.0
[ ] Doesn't matter

- sachin