geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jms connection factory lookup from the standalone client
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:17:44 GMT

On Jan 24, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Is this a J2EE application client (using the client container) or a
> "plain Java" standalone client?  If you have a J2SE client I don't
> think there's any way to access JMS or JDBC resources in JNDI; for an
> application client using the client container I believe you can
> essentailly deploy the JMS resource group as part of your client
> application deployment plan so it runs in the client environment, but
> I haven't worked through this myself.

that's correct.  Basically you need to specify something like this in
your plan:

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"
     configId="${pom.groupId}/client-jms/${pom.currentVersion}/car"
     suppressDefaultParentId="true"
     parentId="geronimo/client/${pom.currentVersion}/car">

...rest of normal connector plan

suppressDefaultParentId is needed or the connector builder will add a
lot of server side configs to your plan and the client then won't start.

Readers of other threads can point and laugh that I have supplied an
example of where you do have to specify a parentId in a plan.

thanks
david jencks