geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Progress on a smaller geronimo assembly
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 02:13:13 GMT
Bruce Snyder and I have been working on a stripped down geronimo
assembly that mostly has a web server in it.  Currently its in the
lw_assemblies branch.

I think it pretty much works at the moment with the remaining problem
that our axis config is always added as a parent of any web app you
deploy.

This is caused by the axis config being included in the
defaultParentId of the tomcat module builder.  As a temporary fix we
could override this attribute in the assembly's config.xml, but that
would not prevent predeployed configs from requiring the axis config
as a dependency.

A better solution is to modify the axis builder to have a
defaultParentId it can add to j2ee apps that actually use web
services.  I haven't looked but I think this will need at least one
more call into the axis builder from its clients and for the web and
ejb builders to decide rather early on if they need web services.

thanks
david jencks