geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Assistance with ActiveMQ milestone release
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:50:26 GMT
Hi fellow Geronimoers,

ActiveMQ is planing to do it's first milestone release while it's in
the incubator.  Since you guys have done this before, I'm hoping you
guys can recall what the gotchas were and/or have a tips on doing a
good release.
I also have some questions:
  - Can I use the maven jar:deploy mechanism to do the release?
  - Do the artifacts need to have the "incubator" in the file name?
  - I've heard that releases need to be signed, I guess Alan can help
with that.  But does mean that Alan has to do the release?
  - Do we have to and how so we use the apache mirrors when we
advertise that the release is available.

I'm sure I'll think of of some more later.

Thanks,
Hiram