geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cut date for 1.1?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:17:22 GMT

On Jan 20, 2006, at 9:59 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2006, at 9:46 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> Personally I am not ready for 1.1 to be frozen.
>>
>> Also, there is at least one major bug (tomcat cross-context
>> dispatch) that needs to be fixed and I haven't seen any progress
>> on it.
>>
>> The nature of your change might affect other peoples opinion on
>> this also, what are you planning?
>
> I am working on splitting the OpenEJB container into one object for
> each deployed ejb and a set of share invocation processing ejb
> containers.  This is a refactoring of internal interfaces well
> below the layer our users see.

Does this mean there will be one interceptor stack for each ejb type,
shared among all the e.g. stateless sesssion ejbs?  What is the
advantage of this design?  I can think of some disadvantages compared
to our present design but no advantages.  Probably just a lack of
imagination, but I'd really appreciate discussion of architectural
changes before the code arrives.

thanks
david jencks