geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web clustering componentization
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:49:50 GMT
On 30 Jan 2006, at 09:24, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> Dain Sundstrom wrote:

>>> That's something that we could look at. I'd be interested to
>>> hear  you plans for actually integrating the sessions with some
>>> container  (web, ejb, etc...) as well - WADI is already doing
>>> this. Did you  have a route in mind ?
>>

>> My plans extend to EJB integration,
>
> We already have one well under way...

Where?

>> and I think James is going  integrate this into lingo and service
>> mix, but I also think the API  will work for servlet.
>
> I'm going to look more closely at it today

Cool

>>   I am quite interested in seeing a single API  for session
>> management (not all of clustering just session  management)
>
> I'm not clear here - you mean a single API for Session Clustering -
> yes ? This is also one of WADI's goals...

Please take a look at the API; its a simple API designed for end
users wanting to integrate some implementation of session management
into a container; it hides all the details of how a session
management solution might actually work. Make sure you read the
documentation in the javadoc; we've tried to document it and make it
totally obvious how to use it.

As I've said several times recently, it should be pretty trivial to
implement the session API using WADI. Also note that there can be
many implementations of session management depending on requirements
- e.g. just use a database.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/