geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: context.xml gbeans
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:35:30 GMT

On Jan 23, 2006, at 2:13 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> I think I have found my hook at least for (Tomcat) to load all
> resources from Eclipse.  I will need to implement a classloader
> that extends org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader to handle the
> WTP project structure.  From a pure tomcat perspective a Loader
> entry for each web app can be provided in the context.xml file.
> Many of the attributes in server.xml are provided as gbeans in the
> tomcat plan, but their doesn't seem to be anything for elements in
> the context.xml.
>
> Is provding a gbean for the loader element the correct hook into
> geronimo to provide this support?  If so, could someone advise me
> on how best to continue from a geronimo perspective?  This would be
> really cool we could get this working even if it were just for web
> projects using the tomcat distro.

I'm afraid I haven't followed what you are proposing very closely,
but I would expect the most portable way to do something like this
would be to implement an eclipse-aware config-store and
repository.    I thought we were preventing tomcat from building any
classloaders by supplying our own.

thanks
david jencks