geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Docco system (Confluent, MoinMoin, ...)
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:12:03 GMT
Hi Jacek,

I like to entertain the thought that I am an ok programmer ;-) And I
was hesitant whether to send my initial message, as I knew it would
appear like I am looking for a shortcut to become a Geronimo
committer. All I can say to that, is that with the amount of time I
spend on Cayenne, I don't see how I can make meaningful contributions
to Geronimo code at the moment. On the other hand helping with
Confluence is a task I know I can do without too much distraction
from my current work, so I figured I'd offer help.

Regarding my interest in Geronimo project, of course it is related to
Cayenne. I wasn't ready to talk about it yet, but since it got out...
Geronimo seems like a natural first choice in our effort to closer
integrate Cayenne in a J2EE stack. In particular implementing EJB3
Persistence API:

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/2006/01/10/

I understand that wider EJB3 work will be targeting Geronimo 2.0, and
will be done during the next 12 or so months? Are there specific
plans for the persistence part of the spec?

Cayenne EJB3 work is planned for approximately the same period of
time. Still as we are busy finishing current 1.2 release, no final
decision has been made regarding EJB3-persistence in Cayenne 2.0
(although it seems very likely to be positive). Once we start the
actual work on that, I'd love to work closer with Geronimo community
(and of course anyone from Geronimo is welcomed to join cayenne-devel
to collaborate on that).

So please take the Confluence offer a gesture of good will. Becoming
a sysadmin at Apache is really not my ultimate aspiration :-)

Andrus